A few weeks ago, fashion icons Nigel Barker and J Alexander of hit show America’s Next Top Model visited the country for a book tour. Got to attend one held in Trinoma. The two mainly talked about beauty and, well, why the fashion biz isn’t really superficial. Highlights of the meet-and-greet include Miss J’s fierce ramp walk, gals screaming for Nigel and why Nigel was even sporting… Is that his HAIR??? Lol. ( Read more… )
Last Saturday, I flew to the School of Fashion and the Arts at Makati, for PhilStar Supreme‘s talk on film, fashion and trendspotting.
I was with Chui, who the minute I revealed about Gino dela Paz as one of the speakers, died from squealing. At least, telepathically. Gino’s like her fave columnist, her deliberate crush, and I’ll shut up now. ( Read more… )
I cannot seem to locate a venue to release this but there are some things in my twisted life that I love to hate (or technically, to dislike):
- People who think Ray-Ban‘s at night, indoors, or at any circumstance that doesn’t ask for optometry help, is cool.
- Those who walk so slow before my pace, when I’m hurrying for something.
- Most of the ancient, obscure yet applauded motion picture classics: Citizen Kane, Battleship Potemkin, Ozu films, or anything that reminds me of my film class back then. Fine, my German teacher was excellent. But we had it at dull, gloomy Monday mornings and the videotheque ambiance was reminiscent of a Pinoy dim-lit, bamboo, miniature chicken fence.
- Nicholas Cage.
- The fact that The Sorcerer’s Apprentice trailer breaks the ice which urges me to go view the film, but I then realize that Nicholas Cage is in it. I’m in a crisis.
- The predicted fall of Lindsay Lohan.
- The video of a supposedly UFO in China, but was actually a missile launched… In Kazakhstan! Hah!
- This future-inept life that I live upon that causes me to think about these nonsense things then hate them. I hate myself. Bye.
Last Friday night was, in my about four years of membership, my very first MCO Night. Happening only once a year to culminate the student organization’s anniversary, resident members and alumni would raid their closets to look good, gorgeous and g-l-a-m-o-r-o-u-s in a civilized— well, theoretically— dinner. I’ve gotta look dazzling, I then thought. Turned out, I was among six other guy orgmates asked and/or tasked to dress… in drag. ( Read more… )