Barry in a Boy Band??!
When boredomnixia tries to brusquely strike the whole of my break, I unearth all ancient CDs in my collection and actually play them one by one. And then suddenly, I wanna become a member of a boy band! That’s the shit.
WESTLIFE- Before this band came into existence, there was Boyzone. Our loyal maid in grade school listened amorously to the ballad songs of Ronan Keating and his friends. She condemned that Stephen is gay because his voice was uh… effeminate? Westlife is just like their reincarnation- only that the English boys were into the limelight after a year or so.
Well, anyway here are my all-time favorites:
1. Seasons in the Sun – it may besiege vague recondite lyrics but I don’t know- it just brings full passion in the interpretation.
2. Flying Without Wings – I liked their rendition better than American Idol 2’s Reuben Studard’s. Everyone agree?
3. More than Words – This classic is just too.. classic! “Whaaaat wouuuuuuuuld youuuuuu doooo, if my heart was torn in twooooooooo??!” Puwedeng excuse pag nag-twotwo-time ka.
4. What I Want is What I’ve Got – In 5th grade when I was a member of the student council, we officers actually danced to this tune in a jail as a part of the outreach program or whatever to that effect. The melancholy!
5. Try Again – Song for losers! “Stumble and fall is the heart of it all!”
What happened to this boy band nowadays? They’re still making it to the hits with Total Eclipse of The Heart and other revivals. Brian is now a daddy and has quitted the group. Mark, according to Nix, just came out of the closet. And Kian and Nicky are still not seen singing in their performances. LOL. Our maid ‘crushed’ Nicky before.
As I was saying, I wanna be a member of a boy band. I mean, with all that concerts and cool fame: those are just a pinch of the utter perks. No, I’m kidding. What I truly like is singing in a coliseum.
PS When I was a kid, we used to have this mini Christmas party with relatives. There was a gimmick wherein if one shall sing, he/shall be rewarded with money, 50 pesos or higher. That’s where I entered and sang Love me for a Reason by Boyzone! Eek!