Law of Relativity
“A dark flame had entered my soul and devoured it.” – Elie Wiesel
Le juge: I want nothing.
Valentine: Then stop breathing.
Le juge: Good idea.
– Three Colors: Red
1. I have no sibling/s. My parents are separated ever since I was a kid. I think all my friends know that, or at least a hint of it. It’s not a quintessential life where I come as the spoiled brat who asks allowance from each side of the torn planet. Though, that’s somehow true in my case. But that’s all nonsense. I figured that there’s still one percent kindness in me.
2. It is hard to keep linking partners especially when they’re more mature and manipulative. In fact, I’ve never done anything shrewd and sensible to reunite them. I act like as if I’m never capable. Nonchalance.
3. It is hard to be switching homes. I marathon-ing Pokémon, dad watching CableTV and mom preparing merienda- inside one roof: A scene I can only imagine.
4. I am aloof to my first/second/third/ degree relatives. I can’t disclose too many details of my life to them. I don’t care about most of them. They don’t care about me either. So? Who cares?!
My grandparents from both branches of my family tree are all dead. And I really have no choice in selecting people to trust. I have my mother and father. I can only count a few aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. who are all nice. And as for the REST, I can barely speak a word to them. Yes, I’m that aloof. During a sorta family reunion, I’d better grab Margaux to her room and watch Playtime Disney Channel till everyone in the living room’s gone.
5. I thought I can go on without a sibling for more than seventeen years. Tis the game of getting attention and allowances directly in front of me. But I realized: I needed a confidante in the house. Someone not genetically related to me- who’d act like he’s the most sympathetic guidance counselor in the world (I’d rather keep myself away from him) – could mistake me for overreacting. I need a sibling who could REALLY sympathize. Not just some “friend” who can listen. I need a sibling who’s always an SMS away. This might also be a reason kung bakit I’m a bit introverted and unsociable.
***Actually, naiinggit ako sa Petrelli brothers (in Heroes); they’re really THERE when they need each other. Almost like twins, inseparable like a Siamese. And they’d get along most of the time. Peter can divulge to Nathan personal yet inexplicable things- like how he thought he could actually fly. For example, if I discover that I have telekinesis one morning, a sibling could always listen to what I’m gonna say.
6. And as I blog this, I’m rethinking over getting myself in a brotherhood. Seriously.
And wait, my post ako sa Multiply about my CMC crush. Lol!