My Txt Commandments
I love texting. I mean to the point of making sense in every text message I send. So what exactly do I mean? Here ye go:
1. I text with virtually no smiley’s. But if I feel that I need to put one, I put “=}.” Either or, I come as a neutral speaker in this kind of communication. By replying, I think people should put some icons which tell their mood- like “hehe,” “aww,” or even “tnx.” So please, do not text me with a commanding tone like “Kailangan ko yung book mo bukas. Reply ASAP.” Reply your ass.
2. I type in straight small letters and almost in correct spellings. I don’t use much punctuation aside from period (not ellipses) and comma.
3. If you text me, try to make sense. I don’t mind ritualistic greetings but group messages– which are of no importance to me- waste my time and cellphone battery. Keep it to your self, will you?
4. I like receiving jokes. It can make my day actually.
5. I like people who reply at times when you needed someone to talk to, and I only got my self and a loaded cellphone. It’s not a coincidence that they’re patching up the quote “A friend in need is a friend in deed.” And if they comfort me well, I know that I’ve got to treasure them.
6. I like receiving a text from someone needing my help. It feels like I’m an actually an expert in something even if I’m not. =p
7. In terms of academic work, I praise people who immediately reply. I ponder that they’re not being selfish, hence cooperative.
8. Off-topic but I really like phoning someone over the mobile phone. There’s more meaning and intimacy over there somehow.
9. I loathe people who refer me as either as Oi or Hoy. Dudes and dudettes, even if I loaded 500, don’t expect a reply in a century.
10. I believe that the SMS is parallel with how you deal with people. So I suggest you just be your self in sending texts. I really think that it reflects one’s personality.
Above all, I love my number handed down to me by a great high school friend in some random moment. It ends in four 1’s.
RELATED POST: The First Cut is the Deepest