Bite My Nuts and Call Me Skippy
Precisely, what I think is that I so adore this semester. I mean, how it’s just starting and all, right?
- November 27. For most people, you may not have known DZUP 1602, as in the radio station in UP. But just this month, I commenced a Radio Circle slot for the organization, with FLOP TOPS: The Pop Hits and Splits Over the Waves. I need props for that title; it took me a five-second stare on an innocuous Flat Tops chocolate candy to come out with a sleek name for an Ang Pinaka type of show. You guys would be hearing us every weekday 3-4PM, and for Thursdays, it would be me and some other people. Good luck on getting the signals though. Really, good luck.
- November 28. We actually did ceramics, old-fashioned style, for FA class. Our class filled around two enormous tables and kneaded (yeah, like dough!), and finally sculpted by hand those works of fuckin art. The supposedly theme was Philippine folk art and history; I decided beforehand do make a pencil holder shaped into a mango as in the pambansang prutas, but I ended up making a gravy jar shaped into a hideous pawikan. I’ll post the completed form in here next year, after it gets bisque-fired.
- November 29. My blockmates and I celebrated our junior year (not really, ye know, it was the K6 “birth-month”) in Eastwood, through of course watching Twilight, dining out and ultimately, enjoying the ubiquitous karaoke. As for the latter, I have observed quite well that my singing dexterity has vanished. Anyway, in case you’re totally dumb, and didn’t notice, look up there, those are my blockmates as the Powerpuff Girls and Professor Utonium(?), and I was heinous apathetic Mojo Jojo to the left.
- December 1. I actually finished Greg Iles’ sci-fi thriller Footprints of God.
- December 5. What did I say about FA class again? This time, we painted our dusty umbrellas to make it presentable for the prominent UP annual Lantern Parade- yep, we’re participants. I’m kinda enjoyin this class. I’m not shifting out of journalism though. Hehe.
- December 5 AGAIN. Also, I met up with a long lost friend Steph, and we went talking about all the stuff in the world for the only an hour and a half. Hey dudette, haven’t you known, I haven’t seen you for like a half-year? Lol. And that afternoon, I managed to drop by CMC for the Karolfest where there was no competition to anticipate. The chorales of UP MCO and UP CAST merged such that no other organizations attempted to join. The- how are they called? The CAST of MChOrale?- crooned out Payapang Daigdig and that one… I forgot. They were apparently still awesome, even if this time, I just quit the group. Yax.
- December 6. I got to watch ATANG of Dulaang UP. Twas cool, ye know, the show was statr-studded including the UP President in the audience, with Pen Medina and other veteran artistes. The stars included Ayen Munji-Laurel and Bituin Escalante, and a few of my theatre friends.
Hope this thing would keep up. This is life, breezy and relaxed. How many days to go before Christmas, fellows? The only trivia I know is that my birthday is exactly a hundred days before the birth of Christ. Go calculate!
And haven’t I told you how WordPress 2.7 brought chills to my bone the first time I logged in with it? Purely awesome! Do you notice the snow falling?