Waking Up in Vigan
To get away from some job-hunting predicaments, I finally decided to spend some vacation days here in Ilocos. (No, actually my father decided it for me, thanks.) Beforehand, it felt weird that the Partas bus station was almost desolate— me being used to lining up for tickets with fellow passengers in bomber jackets (aren’t there any OTHER type of jackets to wear during travel?). But whatever now.
- So first for this roundup, I know I’m not the only glad person in the country when Wowowee was cut off the boob tube universe. Oversexualization of women, and insurmountable greed for money make me want to put myself on fire. Still, Pilipinas Win na Win led by Kris Aquino and Robin Padilla IMO is a flop supposedly for a replacement. An apparent carbon copy of Wowowee, it has the same game formats, same sponsors, same set of back-up hosts (I’m cool with Mariel Rodriguez and Pokwang, but please Valerie Concepcion, you’re a noise pollutant), same set design, even same font type for the OBB! Only in here, Binoy, Mariel and Pokwang act like high school tweens starring the first as the poetic jock, the second as the Queen Bee, and the third as the mean girl meddler.
- I had the strong urge to go watch Salt, judging from how Angelina Jolie rocks a grown, fierce Emily-the-Strange fugitive. But I finally thought of ditching it for the pirates. I mean leave it to McG for espionage movies and TV shows. For me, that’s it.
- Speaking of McG, Chuck is back in my life. I’m currently sifting in Season Three and hell, I can only conclude of Brandon Routh (Superman Returns) being a flawless Daniel Shaw and Kristin Kreuk (Smallville, why the Superman-esque casting?) being an oblivious, almost-pesky Hannah. I heard a few stars are coming to become guests (Stacy Keibler, Lou Ferrigno WTF!). And Nicole Richie is also bringing the S in Slut back.
- I got my fourth job interview last Monday with my interrogator in the person of, yes, Yoshke Dimen. (Twas my first time to meet another blogger-friend so hoorah for me!) For the record, my first interview = FUN and flattering such that I didn’t mind NOT getting the job in the first place. Second interview = successful for a part-time. Third interview = heartbreaking for all Zeus knows! Nevertheless, for whatever comes along, I hope I just get what I deserve right?
- Saw my orgmates Marji and Vince at Kenny Roger’s, Katipunan that night (my weekly refuge is their Combo three with mac&cheese side dish). And with them plus some others I occasionally cross paths with in the place, I seriously admit that indeed I miss UP JMA.
- You guys, if you’re looking for something to do, the org has a lot of events coming this month including the artsy, sceney PubEvent, and Ad Hoc Press Launch. NOTE TO BLOGGERS: Ad Hoc is the Biggest College Party in the Metro for years. See thiz and thiz. So yeah, if you want to experience thiz, just comment below and Marji can add you up in the guest list for the press launch. And maybe in the actual party later, who knows. You’re in or you’re out, bitches. Hah!
Posted on August 6, 2010, in Career, Events, Tube and tagged Adhoc, bloggers, dad, Mariel Rodriguez, party, Pilipinas Win na Win, Salt, unemployment, UP JMA, update, vacation. Bookmark the permalink. 23 Comments.