When someone asks how you’re doing, you reply, “Nothing major-major, thank you.”
Is it over?
Has the talk of the whole galaxy regarding Venus Raj‘s seemingly strange, unforgivable Miss Universe 2010 answer finally diffused? Have people actually gotten over it, including the entertainment media which feasted on it so much that William Baldwin could’ve returned becoming a football coach, instead of throwing a life-and-death question? Yea?
- To be fair with the Pinay and her beautiful, double-major tan, the question was really intense. Not to mention, existential. It was like one of the insightful, reflective philosophies you were required to answer in your high school Homeroom Guidance Program. If I was asked– not that I’d wanted to be asked– I’d blurt, “William, I know you have this foil character charm and I better see you reprising your role in Gossip Girl next season, but I CANNOT just tell you my ‘worst mistake’ so breezily with the whole universe watching, can I? Unless you wanna give me time. Plus pen and paper, too.”
- On a later news, Melanie Marquez said on national television that she could’ve answered Baldwin with losing her virginity before the competition. That should fit “mistake,” she said. You can’t beat that now. Hail the long-legged queen!
- And as synchronized forces pull-off last week’s hostage drama, the gods saw to it that the Philippines and not Jimena Navarreta makes it to overnight popularity on worldwide news. Aha!
- Speaking of which, I read that a guy in Maryland wreaked a hostage fissure at the Discovery Center building, in a bizarre way to protest against the standard TV programming. He rallied against encouraging birth of babies (he called such as “filthy human children”) and promoted environmental reporting instead. Dude, I have green genes too but that’s just… whacko.
- And down to another sad news, the pop-culture-relevant Paste magazine is flipping for good. I hate when things of taste kick the bucket esp when mainstream pieces of Dren (sci-fi term for ‘shit’ haha c/o The Drunken Scholar) themselves don’t. At least they’re eying for the alternative of going digital. Not so sad after all cos that’s how I browse over a few foreign stuff anyway.
- And another late news of mainstream dissing is Archie Comics which finally introduced its first Riverdale openly gay character in the form of Kevin Keller. Boy-crazy Veronica tries to fish him but of course, his true colors daw shall soon appear.
Whatevs now. After I type this, I’ll be grabbing my luggage and I’ll be heading (sounds like “beheading”) to the city. Right back at your arms disgusting Manila!
SO EXCITED FOR Adhoc!🙂 Now that’s major-major.