The OMG moments in “Black Swan”
So if Darren Aronofsky’s Black Swan wasn’t enough to make you growl “WHAT THE @!#$#!%!*(^@WR^?!” while on your seat, I don’t know what else to do with you. As for me, in my second viewing of the movie last weekend, I tried to conceal my shrieks. I dunno, I just don’t shriek. However, I listed the following moments in the movie where I thought shrieking “OMG!” was okay anyway.
Nina: I had the craziest dream last night about a girl who has turned into a swan, but her prince falls for the wrong girl and she kills herself.
- OMG! As early as the fifth minute of the film, I have already concluded that Natalie Portman as the disturbed ballerina Nina—point-blank—DESERVED the Oscars “Best Actress” award! Her character was so naive, stiff, feline yet very interesting and dark. I was at the brink of saying “You’re so cute I can adopt you?” but then I realized that no, she can actually turn Emily Rose on me, thank you.
- OMG! Why is Nina squeaking??! Most of the time, Nina had this little voice which was so redundant for her meek, weak character. (I heard that off-cam, Portman did train to develop her deep Black Swan voice. Nice.)
- OMG! Did the “Prince” actually scoff when asked if he would like to have sex with Nina? HA-HA-HA-HA! Really now, Benjamin Millepied (sounds like millipede, lol.)
- OMG! Thomas Leroy (Vincent Cassel), the director-instructor IS a perv! I always knew it! But still likable: “That was me seducing you. It needs to be the other way around.” And he really keeps the urban legend going that actors have to do ~something*~ with their director or producers to actually achieve something else.
- OMYFUCKIN’GOD! Mila Kunis! Why so hot??! Kunis as the free-spirited Lily did a pretty good job with this one. (I heard Blake Lively auditioned for the role. Err, I love Blake but she should stop typecasting herself with these bad-girl-turned-good -and-vice-versa roles.)
- OMG! Winona Ryder stabbing her face, what the hell was that? Totally leapt out of my seat! Isa pa, isa pa, please? Lol.
- OMG! Did Nina just slam the door while her mom’s fingers were still resting on the door jamb? Holy…
- OMG! The ending. When the wounded Nina was lying blissful, with the crowd cheering her name loud and proud: “It was perfect.” Period.
Anyway, no matter how everyone believes Black Swan has brought the bitch in town, Cee Lo doesn’t think so…